Sunday, April 21, 2013

April 13, 2013 Meeting

Maybe some day I'll get the hang of being a good photographic blogger, but this isn't the month that it'll happen. Pam took these pictures while I was helping PJ, the speaker get set up. Of course I made sure someone took pictures of "Sew and Tell", but did I take any pictures during PJ's presentation. NO! What was I thinking? DUHHHHHH  Sorry ladies. 

Below are the Sew and Tell pictures and I just have to say that I am very proud to be associated with such talented and giving people.
 
Fran H. - Civil War 16 patch wall hanging
This is beautiful and I love the variety of fabrics she used. Hey Fran, if you don't have a place to hang that in your house, I have just the spot here. I'll even drive over to pick it up.
 
Sue T. - kid's quilt w/pandas in black, white & bright green
This is darling and I just love the green! That color has found its way into a fair number of my quilts lately, and not just kid's quilts. How many of you have been using it? I heard a couple of years ago that lime green was considered the new neutral. I think I have to agree.
 
Beth W. - "CARS" cheater block quilt w/ Spider Man backing ( reversible)
Front
This is adorable and I can see any child, boy or girl loving it!
 
Back
So who wouldn't love a superhero quilt? I love the idea of reversible quilts!
 
Rhonda J. - bargello design quilt, heart design,
done in the "Tube" method
BEAUTIFUL! I have wanted to make a bargello quilt and this one just might have pushed me over the edge. I pulled out the couple of bargello patterns that I have and started thinking about fabric choices. Is it sad that I am so easily swayed?
 
Kathy G. - Christmas theme table runners and 2 "Little Mug" rugs
These were made using the Easy Striped Table Runner pattern and only have five (5) seams.

This is adorable and I love how the leaves wrap around the mug rug.

I'm wondering if Kathy is laughing because she's thinking about eating cupcakes. I know I am! While making these mug rugs Kathy learned a lot about her sewing machine and that multitude of decorative stitches that came with it. What a great idea!

Becky H. - "Amish" style lap quilt
      (she also has fabrics from her sister who passed away for sale)
Becky made this during a class at Quilts and Kreations and I love the color choices she made!

 Okay, so this next picture was not taken during the meeting, but it is guild related.
 
Gerald is now a card-carrying member of the Milan Quilt Guild
Eileen stopped by my house after the meeting and Jerry thought it was a great photo op to celebrate his new membership. I think it's cool that we have another "sibling membership." Mary and Janet have shared "sibling time" for a number of years now, as have Carolyn and Jeanette. I'm looking forward to some of that now too. What do you say gals? Do you have a sibling who might be interested in joining the guild? Hey, maybe the siblings should dress alike and pretend to be twins. Uhhhh, no thanks!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment