Tuesday, April 8, 2014

March 2014 Sew and Tell Pictures

The members of the Milan Quilt Builders are continuing on their roll of finishing up projects and sharing their talents with the rest of us. Here are the pictures from the March meeting. 

I have to apologize for the blurriness of some of the pictures. Also, since I hate having my picture taken, I am happy to say that for some reason the pictures that Carolyn took of me and my projects did not get taken properly. Honest, I didn't erase them. They were not taken/saved properly. :-)

The pictures are not posted in the order they were taken. Instead they are alphabetical by creator because that's how I labeled the pictures when I edited and saved them.

Grab a cup of coffee, tea, soda or water and enjoy the eye candy!

Becky sure has been productive! I have always like these star quilts and have made a few for members of my family that have children in the service. I think these kits originally came from Gingersnap Junction and are a Julie Bragg pattern.

 I guess Becky hasn't had enough snow because she made this cute "Let It Snow" wall hanging.

And as if she wasn't productive enough, check out this table runner.

 I think Becky must be close to having all of her Christmas projects made. I'd be a happy recipient of any of these. Thanks for sharing Becky!

 Carolyn's boss is going to love her purple quilt! I think this may have been a challenge for Carolyn because purple is NOT her favorite color. Well, maybe it didn't used to be. Perhaps after working with these beautiful fabrics, she's beginning to like them.  :-)

 And here's the backing. Isn't it cool? 

Diana sure has put me to shame by finishing up and using a bunch of her mom's blocks.WOW! These are wonderful and maybe if I keep looking at them, I'll get inspired to do the same. What about you? Will you have them done in time to share at the next meeting?

There were enough blocks that she made three (yes, I said 3!) quilts.  I love the light and dark diagonal effect she created on this quilt. Awesome! 

This quilt is just as beautiful as the other two. Congratulations Diana. You did an awesome job!

Doris W. made this very large spider web quilt that is amazing. Too bad my picture doesn't do it justice. 

And here's the back of the spider web quilt. I can't decide which side I like best. I wonder if Doris ever makes a small quilt.  :-)

And finally, Doris has been making dog scarves. LOTS of dog scarves, and she's been using some really fun fabrics.

 We all got to see the reveal of Janet's quilt that Beth quilted. How fun!

And just look at the back of Janet's quilt. Awesome job Janet and Beth!

 Joan has been making a few more bags and I love them all. This one looks roomy enough for someone to carry lots of good stuff. I wonder if I could use it to carry my quilting notions.

Judy J has created another awesome quilt using her embroidery machine. WOW!!

The back is really cool too. Using this technique, Judy really does create two completely different looking quilts in one. I should consider getting out some of my embroidery quilt CDs and get busy. 

 Kathy W was very prolific with some fabric/blocks she took home from a guild meeting. Just look at all these disappearing four patch quilts she made!

 This would be an awesome baby quilt or lap quilt. Love the colors!

 Another one of Kathy W's creations. Sorry for the blurry picture.  :-(

Linda brought a bag in which she received a gift. It has hourglass quilt blocks on it and it is adorable. I wonder how time consuming it would be to make some of these. I think that just maybe, I have some extra fabric I could use. Just maybe.  :-)

This Christmas wall hanging that Linda made is BEAUTIFUL! You can't see it, but there is some wonderful beadwork on this that shimmers in the sunlight. Thanks for sharing this Linda. I can handle this type of snow. There's no shoveling involved. 

Myrna made this BEAUTIFUL cardinal wall hanging. Sorry for the blurry picture. I'm sure it's because I kept taking my eye off of the camera when I taking the picture so I could look at this beautiful quilt.

Rhonda has been a busy little quilter. I love the spikey star blocks of this table runner.

And Rhonda also made this quilt for her Church. This is BEAUTIFUL!!

 Sue's sew and tell included her daughter and granddaughter. Don't you just love the button rainbow on her granddaughter's shirt. I think other guild members liked this too. Just look at the smiles of the members in the background. (If there was a competition, I think Sue would win because she brought a cute little child.)

Terrie has been busy making these adorable little purses. The picture doesn't do it justice and you can't see it, but there is some amazing embroidery on these. She is so creative and talented! 

Thanks for sharing your creations ladies! I am looking forward to the next meeting to be amazed all over again.

1 comment:

  1. Injury to look in along with discomfort whilst sniica designer watches lowering affordable audemars piguet replica uk are generally barefaced concerns.
    The lower series could be the reality that after anyone actually feel the need for every high-class designer watches always be exceptional anyone look in every single destroy name labels since your are generally every single critical breitling replica sale wonderful imitation designer watches sale made makes. You can get these people via wholesalers throughout harmonized devices, letting that you preserve additional income along with carry further within your gross income while cash flow.
    Review throughout a number of collections a brief history involving bank account replica watches uk may seem like a new deal with occasion themselves, on the other hand, want to be commenced by simply expressing that there is zero standard creator inside wall timepiece so, given that your progress on this ended up being caused by numerous folks.
    You should buy your personalized bank account enjoy. You could possibly generate profits, many rolex replica uk using low cost designer watches.

    ReplyDelete